Sunday, September 9, 2007

US Open 2007 Into the Final

Missed quite a lot of matches but saw the Andy Roddick - Roger Federer match. It was almost like Wimbledon 2007 final. Andy must have been thinking 'What do I have to do to beat his guy?' as Rafael Nadal must have thought. That definitely was what I was thinking. Just when you think you can break this guy, he comes back with deadly shots. When normally, a tennis player breaks under pressure, Roger seems to excel under pressure. To top it off he does it at the last minute, just when his opponent thinks he can break his serve, he comes up with an ace. Just when his opponent thinks he can win a rally, he comes up with an unbelievable winner. Just look at the score, 7-6, 7-6, 6-2 (vs Andy Roddick), 7-5, 6-1, 7-5 (vs Nikolay Davydenko). And don't get me started with the last Wimbledon. Anyway, a huge applause for Andy Roddick for fighting to the end and with a lot of spirit too. If I was him, I would have turned into a Marat Safin and handed Federer with an easy win and a lot of broken racquets. Now, all hopes go to Novak Djokovic, another player on my radar who I think can beat Federer other than my favourite Rafa. Not that I hate Federer but he's sort of THE tennis player to beat right now. Go Novak!

No comments: